** Simple Idea ** (Ability icons for units?)

8 years ago
- I've been playing DOW recently, and saw some units with ability icons on them, and I thought... hey...
- It's hard to remember which units have SMGs, bolts, LMGs, 1-2 Panzershreks, ATRs, and what not.
- Does sniper have 1, 2 sniper rifles, and what not?

- It'd be REALLY REALLY nice... if the game had an SMG icon on... Wehr Pioneers, and BOLT icon on Soviet Engineers, for example.
With color circles to show at what range they are effective, with a dimming effect if they are on the move, etc. It would make it easy and
intuitive to guesstimate how effective moving, not moving, etc, makes you unit. With similar on tanks.
showing MMG cone for Hull MG, Coaxial, Flexible MGs. And players would thus learn how to use their tanks to much better effect.
- Could turn it off with a button. But excellent training tool, increasing noobie skill and increasing the appeal of the game overall.

And who doesn't want MORE COH2 players?

thoughts, anyone?
Doesn't even need that much coding. Am certain community would like to help.
I've even seen a couple of mods that change the description of the units (to better reflect carried weapons, etc.

Comments