Windows 10 Issues

8 years ago
Kyle_REKyle_RE Posts: 484 admin
If you are having trouble playing COH on Windows 10, please try the steps below to resolve the issues you are experiencing.
  1. Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date
  2. Verify that your Game Cache on Steam - How to: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335
  3. If you are still experiencing problems, please contact customer support: https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new

Comments

8 years ago
    dukejasondukejason Posts: 1,427 mod
    Please use this thread to report all issues that are a result of your win 10 upgrade.
    8 years ago
    jabogasjabogas Posts: 75
    I feel game become more lagging and dropping fps on meniu bad fps 20~ on all max settings in game 56 fps ~
    8 years ago
    Hi

I have the problem that I updated to windows 10 yesterday and can"t run company of heroes 2

reinstalled with no result, checked game chache same story. When I click the shortcut to play a steam window pops up and says completing instalation 0% then goes to 1% after a while in this window stuck on 1% steam gives the following errror: The Steam servers are too busy too handle your request for Company of Heroes 2. Error Code(55)
    for 4 days now I am getting a bit tired of this.

Greetings David
    8 years ago
    Kyle_REKyle_RE Posts: 484 admin
    Daviddwarf wrote: »
    Hi

I have the problem that I updated to windows 10 yesterday and can"t run company of heroes 2

reinstalled with no result, checked game chache same story. When I click the shortcut to play a steam window pops up and says completing instalation 0% then goes to 1% after a while in this window stuck on 1% steam gives the following errror: The Steam servers are too busy too handle your request for Company of Heroes 2. Error Code(55)
    for 4 days now I am getting a bit tired of this.

Greetings David

Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. If you are still experiencing problems after trying this, please contact customer support at https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new

8 years ago
    Kyle_RE wrote: »

Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. If you are still experiencing problems after trying this, please contact customer support at https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks Kyle but I already tried that with no result, I reverted back to windows 7 for now, Maybe I will try windows 10 later on again.
    8 years ago
    Hi,

I too am having issues with the game loading on Windows 10. Basically I hit Play in Steam, I get the COH2 splash screen then all goes dark for about a minute, then the game crashes to desktop with a submit error report box.

I have updated graphics and verified integrity and even tried praying, all to no avail. I've also contacted support at the links you've provided but haven't heard anything back. ​
    8 years ago
    Ever since I updated to Windows 10, I've been getting Error 183s multiple times (the failed to create dump file error).

Most often it occurs during the loading screen for a multiplayer match, but most recently it occurred in the middle of a match itself. Very frustrating and it's occurring multiple times daily.

Another frequent occurrence is the game crashing after a match. After the match is done, and I quit to the menu, the match stats page shows up, but as soon as I click the close button to get rid of the match stats screen, the game crashes to desktop with a bugsplat. This was happening before I even upgraded to Windows 10.

I've verified the game cache, even moved my CoH2 installation folder to my SSD instead of its previous standard HDD location. Still happens frequently, at least once a day. Running the latest Nvidia drivers for my GTX 970 as well.
    8 years ago
    j0shimij0shimi Posts: 2
    I haven't been able to start COH 2 once since Windows 10 came out, I hit play and nothing happens, I've verified cache, updated all drivers, checked anti-virus/firewall and nothing, nothing seems to work. All other games are fine except COH 2.
    8 years ago
    Im on windows 10, I just did a verification of the cache and it told me that some files were missing, it downloaded them and now the game is working.

but still the performance of the game are really bad, I lost almost 50% of my fps (all my drivers are up to date).
    8 years ago
    j0shimi wrote: »
    I haven't been able to start COH 2 once since Windows 10 came out, I hit play and nothing happens, I've verified cache, updated all drivers, checked anti-virus/firewall and nothing, nothing seems to work. All other games are fine except COH 2.
    What does Steam say j0shimi? Does it give any error or an installer?
    8 years ago
    j0shimij0shimi Posts: 2
    I found a fix for my problem, I had installed a SweetFX (graphics tweaking program) Preset for CoH 2, this wasn't compatible with Windows 10's DirectX, once I removed my SweetFX files, everything worked as it should. I hope this helps someone out there with the same issue.
    8 years ago
    GlytheGlythe Posts: 1,125
    Friend of mine is having an issue with CoH2 after installing Windows 10. He doesnt want to bother posting on the forums but when he launches the game it tabs out. When he tabs back its a black screen that just hangs. Apparently he gets repeatedly tabbed out.

Any ideas?

He has a brand new install and verified the files. This is the only game he's having a problem with.
    8 years ago
    Upgraded W10.. love W10.. and since installing it COH2 has ran smoother.. BUT...

first i got the Install completion 1% and then the servers are busy, but the game worked after verifying cache.

Now... the game crashes when ever it wants randomly.. all the time.. almost every game I CTD.

Yesterday I played, or tried to play 3 games.. all crashed, 1 at the very beginning, 2 at the endish, and 3 in the middle.(time wise)

Today, I reinstalled the game, verified cache, and then booted up. I played a dam near awesome 2 hour game. Then the next game I crashed yet again... about 15 minutes in. 3rd game I crashed about 3 minutes in, and the last game lasted for 42 minutes.

According to the warning log, I'm having massive ping drops to the relic server. Doesn't make sense. My DL speed from speed test is 178.08 MBS, and my up speed is 11.77MBS. I do stream, but that doesn't really affect me at all with any of my games, and never has done so in COH2 before either. This a relic side issue? This is driving not only me crazy, but my friends are going nuts. Me more so though. XP . Any thoughts?
    8 years ago
    Hoaah!

Im running Coh2 on Asus G750JZ Gaming Notebook. Since my Win10 update yesterday, the game runs only in windowed mode. That is, when resolution is set to 1920x1080. Alt+Entering won't fullscreen the game, although windows informs me of the command being received by playing the relevant sound. Changing the resolution lower makes it so that Alt+Entering actually fullscreens the game. Weird.

I've done all the basic stuff: driver updates, verified game cache, etc. The only thing left for me to do is fully reinstalling the game. Anyone else having problems with fullscreen mode?
    8 years ago
    Also having the same issue, but occurred as a result of Coh2 Updating, not Win10.
    8 years ago
    I upgraded to Windows 10,
    I checked every update Windows & Driver ... I have the latest.
    I de-installed and re-installed the game ...

But I still didn't had the luck to finish a game. Don't matter which settings I used. After a more or less long play time CoH2 simply just crashes.

Any ideas what to do ?
    8 years ago
    Now im crashing due to the game causing my graphics card to crash. .

I could be playing a game for 10, 20,30 minutes or more..and my graphics cards crashes..
    8 years ago
    Just figured out why My copy didnt work, if i have FRAPS running it just goes black, and then crash to desktop... close the application FRAPS, it starts up with no problems what so ever
    8 years ago
    NalanoNalano Posts: 215
    Win 10 Pro
    i7-4790
    GTX 960
    16GB RAM
    SSD+HDD

I am not running FRAPS or any other program aside from Steam.
    I do not have any USB devices on my computer except the keyboard and mouse.
    I do not have any monitor except my primary one.
    Windows is up to date, all my drivers are up to date.

Until Sept 17th CoH2 ran fine. Now I cannot complete any match, as the game will CTD 10-15 minutes into any match.

I have contacted Sega support, and they told me to run the game in compatibility mode for Vista, refresh Steam files, and verify the game cache. I did so for Vista, and again for Win 7. Sega support then suggested I post here. Being that the answer here seems to be to contact Sega support, I am now at a loss as to what to do. I cannot play this game.
    8 years ago
    SmedenSmeden Posts: 0
    That makes two off us Nalano - keep crashing with following message: Failed to create dump file error 183.
    Win 10 Pro
    i7
    AMD Radeon R9 200 series
    8 Gb Ram
    SSD
    32 bit OS

8 years ago
    Sega support replied that I should run in Windowed mode.

I did, to no avail.

I am getting rather frustrated. I cannot stress enough that I cannot play this game as is.
    8 years ago
    xlf12xlf12 Posts: 0
    Hi,
    this hint ...

http://community.companyofheroes.com/forum/company-of-heroes-2/company-of-heroes-2-general-discussion/company-of-heroes-2-bug-reporting/2661-crash-on-starting-game-from-steam?p=7400#post7400

... in general discussion solved my problem.

It seams like the updates of CoH and upgrade of Windows 10 left a bad state on my machine. An un-install and manually complete purge of all cache like files solved my crashes ...

Yeah!
    8 years ago
    Im having graphical issues while using windows 10 on coh2, the friend or foe silhouettes seem to stretch and tare across the screen, all my drivers are updated, all files verified, no software interrupting or interfering and tried all sorts of different resolutions and texture settings, anyone else having this same issue? the game runs properly, just when i get into a game or test the performance all i see is a red, blue and black rave.
    8 years ago
    xlf12 wrote: »
    Hi,
    this hint ...

http://community.companyofheroes.com...=7400#post7400

... in general discussion solved my problem.

It seams like the updates of CoH and upgrade of Windows 10 left a bad state on my machine. An un-install and manually complete purge of all cache like files solved my crashes ...

Yeah!

Did that. Deleted local content, scrubbed My Documents, Appdata, etc, of any trace of CoH2, reinstalled, bugsplat 15 minutes into the first game.

I also did the next step Sega support sent me, which was to run Selective Startup with nothing on it, which I did, boom, bugsplat.

This game is unplayable. I was able to play it on this very PC prior to September 17th. It is now October 10th, and I have yet to hear a single acknowledgement from either Sega or Relic that there is even a problem, let alone that they are working on a solution.

Consider me incensed.
    8 years ago
    cookbros.racingcookbros.… Posts: 178
    edited April 2016

Man,
    open steam go to COH 2 right-click on properties, then to local files and click on check game files to errors or something similar (i have german version). After checking steam downloads a small Patch if you updated to windows 10 and after it the shit works fine.

8 years ago
    MikeHaggarMikeHaggar Posts: 635

Surprised to see people having problems with Windows 10, I have no issues.

I would say that anyone who is a gamer should do a fresh install of any copy of Windows. Don't do an "upgrade" install where it keeps all your old files and transfers them, I've tried this before and it makes games run like garbage.

I don't know how you can do this if you did a free upgrade to Windows 10, but maybe look into it. I did a fresh install of W10 and I have never had any issues with it with any games, including COH2.

8 years ago
    BigBearBigBear Posts: 94
    edited April 2016

@MikeHaggar said:
    Surprised to see people having problems with Windows 10, I have no issues.

I would say that anyone who is a gamer should do a fresh install of any copy of Windows. Don't do an "upgrade" install where it keeps all your old files and transfers them, I've tried this before and it makes games run like garbage.

I don't know how you can do this if you did a free upgrade to Windows 10, but maybe look into it. I did a fresh install of W10 and I have never had any issues with it with any games, including COH2.

Yes you can do a clean install after you upgrade to Windows 10. All you have to do is type in "Reset PC" into the search bar and select it, click "get started", and then click "remove everything". This will do a clean install of Windows 10.

8 years ago
    MikeHaggarMikeHaggar Posts: 635
    Ok I would recommend trying that but back up the files you want to keep!!!
    7 years ago

I have just recently installed the game on a Dell XPS 15 with UHD (3200 x 1800 pixels) Screen running Windows 10. If I try to scale down the resolution in the game to any other resolution, after changing the setting for a few seconds. I get a blue screen error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION(win32base.sys). If I run the game in windowed mode, it works before getting the same error upon exiting the game. While playing in lower resolutions, the cursor is also bugged out with black squares when hovering over cover, points, or when building commands are issued.

Dell XPS 15 :
    Intel Core i7-4702HQ
    16GB RAM
    GeForce GTX 960M

7 years ago
    Just_UserJust_User Россия, Ростовская обл, Таганрог.Posts: 1

When the correct keyboard layout with a problem that does not change after the launch at the Russian version of the game? Win 10 all the latest drivers.