Removing maps from Automatch.

8 years ago
I don;t understand why maps are being removed from automatch. I'm fed up of playing the same few maps over and over again. Bring them all back and let us veto the ones we don't want (by increasing the veto number). Now sitard will be removed from Sept patch as well. Custom game lobbies take far too long to populate, we need to add all maps back into automatch.

Comments

8 years ago
    '_''_' Posts: 129
    sittard, bystraya and eindhoven are low quality unfinished maps that people kept complaining about.
    8 years ago
    Tech4417Tech4417 Posts: 405
    Eindhoven isn't being removed, it's Stalingrad.
    8 years ago
    PeuraPeura Posts: 80
    I totaly agree.. to me it seems like they remove each and every map i like, only Lienne forest is still there. It seems they remove any map that doesnt support common tactic what SOME players like to use. And that tactic is what i call it TANKS TANKS TANKS TANKS TANKS TANKS - tactic. They are players who have not yet learned to use any other tactics, any other commander or unit but the ones which supports tanks tanks tanks tanks tanks - tactic. I feel like they have forgotten that there are players who enjoy other tactics than armor tactics, there is plenty of commanders designed for us who like defensive doctrines, artillery doctrines, other less known doctrines, units and commanders.. thing is that YOU REMOVE ALL THE MAPS THAT SUPPORT THESE COMMANDERS AND TACTICS, AND YOU LEAVE ONLY THOSE MAPS THAT SUPPORT TANKS TANKS TANKS TANKS - TACTIC.

Please realize that ppl use other commanders and other tactics too, and they need maps designed specifically to support those tactics instead of the tank tactics. Many commanders suck in most maps, many commanders can be used only on few rare maps, and exactly those maps are being removed from the game.

Faceoff at Rostov, Ettelbruck 4v4, Rzhev summer, Sittard.. those all were hostile maps for tanks tanks tanks tanks tanks - tactic, and thus they were removed... but you completely missed that those maps supported OTHER COMMANDERS, and other tactics that some ppl like to use more. Why even buy artillery commanders or defensive commanders if there is no maps where those commanders are good at ?!
    8 years ago
    BrummbarBrummbar Posts: 51
    WOW, I really miss Rostov, Ettlebruck etc etc. Please renable them and if people don't like them increase the veto count!! Come on, people are bored of playing the same maps over and over. Re-enable all maps and let US chose which maps we don't want!!!!!
    8 years ago
    comepletely agree with this i feel like i dont have enother veto's as it is. and i still don't understand banning sittard as yes it was a choke point map but it was also the only 4 v 4 map that i feel encouraged some form of teamwork as a whole team and not basicly being 2 sets of 2 v 2 which i really dislike about most of the current 4 v 4 maps. 4 v 4 isn't exactly the most balanced game mode either so why do maps matter anyway.
    8 years ago
    Removing low quality community maps is good.

But I have no idea why stock maps like Rails are not available in automatch.

What possible reason is there?
    Is the map not balanced? Then balance it. Fix it.

Don't just limit the map pool like this.

I mean, honestly, this is just nonsense.
    8 years ago
    Pool can and should be made bigger. Reintroduce Rostov.
    7 years ago
    _Brummbar__Brummbar_ Posts: 38
    edited April 2016

I started out hating Rostov at first but I got around to really liking the map. Huge shame it's gone, would definitely like to see it back

Also, the blizzard feature appears to have been removed. Personally I found it a very good strategical feature.

Edit: seeing a lot of other Brummbars around :#

7 years ago

Just add more veto options.

7 years ago
    BigBearBigBear Posts: 94
    edited April 2016

I fully agree with this. I also miss some of the maps that were removed as well. If players have the ability to veto maps they don't like, then why limit the choices for those who desire more?

I started playing this game when it came out in June 2013 and honestly today it feels like there are less maps. Why? It's not because there are less maps, its that the old ones are continuously discarded and replaced with new ones. Were there some maps that were less than optimal? Yes. But I think a lot of them worked fine. As Peura said, I feel like the current crop of maps encourage mostly the same strategy, where it has become double 2v2 rather than a 4v4.

Lets not forget that we're all here just to have fun. Sometimes it is fun to play on an asymmetrical map, even when the odds are against you, because it makes overcoming them all the more satisfying. Also I feel like there are still maps that could me made out of campaign scenarios. Some of them provide interesting new gameplay options, and putting these in the game would be easier than making one from scratch.

And finally I wanted to address a core theme of the game. When the game came out, there were heavily marketed features such as snow, ice, and blizzards. I know there are people who may not like these, but I kind of miss being able to sink tanks in frozen rivers or luring frozen enemies to a explosives laden campfire during a blizzard. I think that some of the maps with these features should be added back.

Remember that nobody is forced to play these maps, and I think adding more options could increase the player base and encourage more diverse strategies that prolongs the life of the game.

7 years ago
    NoitatohtoriNoitatoht… Posts: 182
    The solutiob would be to add certain maps as "bonus maps" in automatch. Maps like Sittard or Rostov that cost no veto to ban, so people who do not like them don't have to play them. Personally, I enjoy the change of pace in these maps.. how I long for those summers of my youth spent in Sittard.. the cracking thunder of artillery, the thrill and desperation of being under constant shelling as buildings fall apart all around. Those were the days. The central bridge is seeped with the blood of thousands of soldiers.