allies in germany

7 years ago

like in the movie "Fury"

Comments

7 years ago
    thedarkarmadillothedarkar… Posts: 5,824
    Im sure more people would reply if they knew WTF you were trying to say/get across...

Please elaborate :smiley:
    7 years ago
    PanzerFaustPanzerFau… NoPosts: 284

This post makes no sense whatsoever :D

7 years ago
    GenObiGenObi Posts: 1,368
    edited April 2016
    Well if we are talking about the movie i like it, pit did amazing job....well actually the whole cast did. It be neat if they had "Fury 2" with a german cast in the Eastern front.
    7 years ago
    CaptWarCaptWar Posts: 91

@GenObi said:
    Well if we are talking about the movie i like it, pit did amazing job....well actually the whole cast did. It be neat if they had "Fury 2" with a german cast in the Eastern front.

there is a fury on the German side XD he's call Michael Wittman....and yes it would especially their story using the tiger =)

7 years ago
    lordpeter3lordpeter3 Posts: 347

Fury: first part of the movie: quite excelent. Second part: omg seriously mess up your whole movie credibility with dumb and unrealistic last stand... such an anti climax!

7 years ago
    wales_greywales_grey Malaysia Airlines Flight 17Posts: 24

@CaptWar said:
    there is a fury on the German side XD he's call Michael Wittman....and yes it would especially their story using the tiger =)

A great post, perhaps unintentionally. (Whitman's kill count is as fictional as the movie!)

7 years ago
    captainjordycaptainjo… Posts: 498

First part was good, then I lost it when the AT guns missed like 10 shots in a row while the Shermans were going at like 5 mph TOWARDS them. Other than that it was a eh flick. The final part was pretty lame.

7 years ago
    TheWiseTheWise Posts: 63
    edited August 2016

@lbfc said:
    like in the movie "Fury"

Aha ... and sometimes pretty much worse :-)) Shown in the "Fury" is a VERY light version of what happened in reality.

6 years ago

It was exciting but i found it more of a comedy because of it's historical inaccuracies.

6 years ago

Why the Tiger I moved to engage those Shermans out of cover is still beyond me

6 years ago
    BaálthazorBaálthazor The shoreline by the river Styx.Posts: 1,092
    edited January 2018
    Resurrecting dead threads is a bad thing, though because this part of the forum gets little attention I'm willing to roll with it...

The Tiger properly moved out of cover due to its cover being blown in the first place..! :o

Usually you ambush an enemy with maximum efficiency on the first punch(which it did!) and then you abandon your cover if it's only for camouflage purposes..
    If you got a nice defensive position, then you stay, but the Tiger clearly did not... It was only camouflage and as such offered little in terms of protection, hence it moved out, so as to avoid being out-flanked by the more numerous Sherman's...

Though why it failed to reverse and circle in clear order when Pitt's Sherman circle strafed it, is another matter entirely...!!!

Honestly, why the Tiger only back up and NOT back n' circle is clearly a product of "Holywood" and it's "We can't let the MURICANS LOSE", THEME throughout the movie...

Not only was it NOT a folksturm battalion approaching them near the end, but an SS-battallion..! And at this stage of the war, only child-battalions and veteran SS-battalions existed... and the forces shown in the movie does NOT seem an awful lot like a "child-brigade", so it stands to reason that it was, in fact, a veteran one,which really begs the question; "Why are they so goddamn enept?!"