[UKF] UKF giving Soviets vickers lmg's

2»

Comments

7 years ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,749

Aqua said:
    Its annoying, but I'm not convinced its game breaking, at least for K-Guns. Their DPS is already quite similar to Guards' DPs rather than the LMG42 or 1919s, so they're quite a bit weaker than other dual LMG troops. While they're a pain in the ass on Penals or Cons, they can be dealt with and are likely unintended on Heavy Sappers.

On the other hand, its PIATs on Cons that makes me very, very nervous, especially with their WBP overhaul.

Lmg for every unit might not be gamebreaking but it is more than simply annoying.

Actually there not Vickers K DPS far is about half way from DP to Lmg42.

Ppsh conscript can carry 2 Vickers K.

Vet 3 penals on heavy cover can actually fight vs Ober vet 5 in heavy cover.

Shock troops with 2 Vickers can beat obers at all ranges.

Heavy sapper can actually have 3 Vickers K or 2 Vickers K and a bren.

On the other hand I do agree that Piat access to every unit will probably be a bigger issue.

7 years ago
    comrade_daelincomrade_d… Posts: 2,948
    edited February 2017

I like the idea of being able to drop weapons for allies, though I think the cost is quite low considering it's effectively avoiding the need to tech for weapon racks or regular upgrades.

If you really want a change, I suppose the halftrack has to upgrade and sacrifice transport and reinforcing in exchange to drop weapons. UKF already has forward assemblies (which also benefit allies), so introducing an and/or but not both dilemma to the UKF halftrack isn't a new one, in fact it makes it in line with the general rule of how other halftracks work.
    Either way the halftrack is a considerable boon because it helps the Soviet player reinforce without the need to retreat all the way back to base, or drops weapons for them. if you really want both, ask the UKF ally to deploy two halftracks, which cost fuel and manpower and demand more micromanagement.
    Synergy is fun, but it shouldn't be so easy.

Or if you want a simpler suggestion, the weapons can't be dropped unless weapon racks is researched, in the meantime you can still reinforce, and you're bound to research it sooner or later.

7 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,096

I like the idea of an either/or upgrade. There's precedent for it, it doesn't gut the unit of usefulness, and while it doesn't solve this problem it adds an extra associated cost to justify the strong synergy.