[1v1]OKW UP against MG spam/garrisons

7 years ago
SquishyMuffinSquishyMu… Posts: 434
edited March 2017 in Balance Feedback

As is incredibly well known - OKW struggle so hard against maxim spam and or British infantry/mg's held up in buildings or trenches on most maps where the abuse chance is high This on a cut-off is gg with certainty. It really is not fun to play against. Wehr are somewhat spared by the simplicity of having a mortar/rifle grenades and relatively fast T2.

Solution: Give sturmpioneers a smoke grenade. It fits the unit really well in terms of balance (it cannot be spammed easily) and adding another role to the unit, imo, adds a real nice level of authenticity - having many roles to play in an army that was reformed with heavy losses to account for.

Buff the volks 'quick fix' flame nade that never existed to do a bit more damage? Do people like this nade anymore? It got nerfed when it was OP but now it doesn't do much at all to 6 men squads. But then it has its use of moving a unit out of green cover in a 1v1 engagement to normally win it.

Smoke shells on ISG is interesting but comes too late no?

Even if you think strategic position/knowledge is enough to beat this spam it's not fair in that OKW have so few options for dealing with such abuse compared to the rest.

Tagged:

Comments

7 years ago

Sure, I hate dealing with maxim spam as much as the next player. OKW should get something to deal with it. But at the same time volks need to be nerfed if that's the case. This point has been beaten like a dead horse. Volks are op atm. Flat out better than cons for only 10mp. Get fast-throwing molotovs, fausts, stgs with no side upgrade tech costs. And 5 levels of vet. Volks in green cover will beat riflemen if they are being charged by riflemen whereas grens will lose, again for only 10mp difference. OKW can actually benefit from positioning while Ost cannot vs western allies.

That said, Relic is busy with this patch which doesn't cover WFA infantry that much with the exception of restricting double m1919. So things are going to have to wait cuz a volk nerf should mean that riflemen and IS should also get a bit of a nerf to compensate.

7 years ago
    _Aqua__Aqua_ Posts: 1,951

Its not MG spam they struggle with per se, its anti-garrison they lack outside of flattening a building outright with the Stuka. The easy fix would be to nerf the leIG's autobarrage range to 80, but give it a smoke barrage and/or HE Barrage that's identical to the Soviet Mortar's barrage with longer range.

7 years ago
    KoenigKoenig Posts: 71
    edited March 2017

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:
    Sure, I hate dealing with maxim spam as much as the next player. OKW should get something to deal with it. But at the same time volks need to be nerfed if that's the case. This point has been beaten like a dead horse. Volks are op atm. Flat out better than cons for only 10mp. Get fast-throwing molotovs, fausts, stgs with no side upgrade tech costs. And 5 levels of vet. Volks in green cover will beat riflemen if they are being charged by riflemen whereas grens will lose, again for only 10mp difference. OKW can actually benefit from positioning while Ost cannot vs western allies.

That said, Relic is busy with this patch which doesn't cover WFA infantry that much with the exception of restricting double m1919. So things are going to have to wait cuz a volk nerf should mean that riflemen and IS should also get a bit of a nerf to compensate.

Thats a bit narrow though. In a Duel I'd certainly prefer Volks, no question, but in terms of versatility cons are better, both their default reinforcement abilities and vet 1 ability are very useful + they have a better AT snare (more damage and - thanks to oorah - easier to actually connect - I've also never seen it miss like the faust bug). Timing on their moly's are a mess, but they have flamers on their basic builders, so much less of an issue IMO. Their sidetech's (which unlike OKW are abvaliable from the very beginning) offer better flexibility than the all-in-one-bundle trucks of the OKW.

As for volks beating riflemen in the described situation - I'm pretty certain Volks would loose to Cons under the same circumstances - so your argument then must be that grens need a buff.

Personally I think the problem is really down to complexity introduced by the arrival of the Brits as the new long range defensive masters.

Prior to UKF it was a quite simple equation, Axis infantry (with few exceptions) had to keep skirmishes at as range as possible, hence their weapons were optimized for this specific purpose. Now they are stuck in the middle instead, and the balance-"grid" has lost its flexibility, so touching a single aspect of a unit requires a change to all others as well..

7 years ago
    ARMYguyARMYguy Posts: 850

I thought aa ht and pz2 will get increased garrison damage in the balance patch? Or was this removed ?

7 years ago
    VipperVipper Posts: 3,749
    edited March 2017

@ARMYguy said:
    I thought aa ht and pz2 will get increased garrison damage in the balance patch? Or was this removed ?

changes are on but do not expect them to clear garrison fast.

https://www.coh2.org/news/59394/winter-balance-patch-1-9

It takes about 3 bursts to kill a single entity if remember correctly.

7 years ago
    ARMYguyARMYguy Posts: 850

ah , that is not enough, should be more imo , but not as crazy as it used to be when the aa ht was annihilating stuff in buildings.

7 years ago
    MCMartelMCMartel Posts: 1,855

2 things
    1. Give P-fusiliers smoke, to fit with breakthroguh doctrine concept, and decrease overlap with volks
    2. Give smoke to ISG's at vet 1.