(BUG) Stuck at 1st mission (Ardennes Assault Campaign) Please help

2»

Comments

6 years ago
    AnthaxanAnthaxan Posts: 1
    edited April 2017

At least you were able to start the campaign, bought this game yesterday and I can't get past the loading screen on the first mission as soon as the first bar (bullet) loads, instant crash - bugsplat error, tried renaming, verifing file integrity, clearing cache, reinstalling drivers (which are all up to date) now I am reinstalling the game for the third time.

Everything else works fine, soviet campaign runs like a dream.

Edit: Nevermind, had a mod installed and that was causing the problems, game works fine!

6 years ago
    dukejasondukejason Posts: 1,427 mod

More fixes are on the way, be patient.

6 years ago
    Kyle_REKyle_RE Posts: 484 admin

The first mission should be playable since the update last week. If you're still unable to get past that mission, verify your game is up-to-date (version 4.0.0.21708) and that you verify the integrity of your game cache on Steam.

For all other bugs such as crashes and abilities not working properly. We are currently investigating these bugs and hope to release a fix in our next update scheduled for April 25th.

6 years ago
    SumitisSumitis Posts: 7

My game is up to date and I checked the integrity of my files, but the first mission crash right at the beginning of the loading. Many people have the same problem.

6 years ago

Same issue I cannot get past the 1st bar on the 1st mission while coh2 eastern works . Just getting the bugs message.

6 years ago
    Comp_LexComp_Lex Posts: 10

@Kyle_RE said:
    The first mission should be playable since the update last week. If you're still unable to get past that mission, verify your game is up-to-date (version 4.0.0.21708) and that you verify the integrity of your game cache on Steam.

For all other bugs such as crashes and abilities not working properly. We are currently investigating these bugs and hope to release a fix in our next update scheduled for April 25th.

This is a different problem. The Ardennes Assault cannot be played at all. We cannot load missions. The game is up-to-date and the verification checks out okay.

6 years ago

I am having the same problem. Verified catch and loaded it back up and nothing happened

6 years ago
    heisianheisian Posts: 8

I was not able to get past BAR after that update. @NinjaSabers having the same problem. Now looks like other people are just crashing altogether. I just got a refund from Steam and will wait until users (and not developers) can confirm that everything is working fine.

6 years ago
    TimohanTimohan Posts: 1

Been quietly and patiently waiting for over 3 weeks now and still no signs of progress. At first I couldn't access the BAR weapon rack, and then there was an update which now causes my game to crash when loading. Then there was meant to be another fix released today, but so far the game still crashes. Id like an update as to what is being done, this seems to be taking a long time to fix.

6 years ago

This bug still exists. Good thing that hotfix came out.

6 years ago

If you're still experiencing this bug or the game is crashing when loading the campaign, it appears to be a case-by-case, specific problem. Internally we have tested Ardenness Assault on multiple PCs and have multiple reports from the community in general that this issue no longer persistent.

Please ensure you have disabled or unsubscribed to any tuning pack, gammode or win condition mods that may be affecting the campaign. To do this, please go to the Steam Workshop, Login in to your Steam account, click "Browse" in the top menu and then click "Subscribed Items". Then, unsubscribe to the mod types mentioned above.

To help us narrow down the issues, please also let us know:

• What version of the game you are running - To find this out, go in-game and open the Menu.
    • If you are running the game on Windows, Mac OS, or Linux
    • If you're running the game on Mac, did you buy the game via the Mac App Store, Steam, or Feral's online store

For those experience crashes, please upload your warnings.log file to your forum post. This can be found in your Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes 2 folder.

6 years ago
    NaitimNaitim Posts: 1

I am still experiencing this bug and I have never installed a mod for CoH2. I have tried starting a fresh campaign as well as verifying file integrity.

I am on version 4.0.0.21725.

Specs:

Ryzen R7 1700

GTX 1070 @ Driver version 384.76

Windows 10 64 bit Version 1703

The same issue happened before I built my new PC a few days ago which was running an i5 2500k.

6 years ago
    YltrudYltrud Posts: 2

I'm also experiencing the bug where unlocking and equipping the BARs don't progress the mission. I bought Ardennes Assault yesterday on Steam and encountering a game breaking bug after only a couple minutes of play is really disappointing.

Running with no mods. Files verified.
    Game version: 4.0.0.21725
    Processor: Intel i7 6700K
    Graphics: 980TI Driver 384.76
    RAM: 32GB

6 years ago
    SquishyMuffinSquishyMu… Posts: 434

Hmm I was gonna buy this on the steam sale but was aware of these issues so didn't.

6 years ago
    YltrudYltrud Posts: 2
    edited July 2017

I was able to circumvent the bug by going to F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\mods and removing the tuning folder which contained a file named something related to Ardennes Assault, this returned the campaign to an older state where the bazooka and bar upgrades were combined into one, which allowed me to progress the mission. This also reintroduced some older bugs, like some commander abilities displaying the wrong pictures, and others I saw mentioned in a post on this forum earlier, but at least the campaign is playable now.

6 years ago

^ This seems to be a legitimate work around. One of our programmers is looking into the issue to hopefully provide a more blanket fix. For whatever reason, some users are not receiving the correct version of Ardennes Assault from Steam and we are looking into that now.

6 years ago
    Wolfe1924Wolfe1924 Posts: 6

hey guys made an account just to input on this topic also that I'm having same issue I'm seeing a lot of people with similar issue on steam forums, objective upgrade bar from barracks (did that) equip infantryman with bar (did that) and the objectives don't change it is incredibly disappointing so many people are having this issue even now when its been know for so long I hope they can provide a fix yes theres work arounds but that also introduces other issues so I hope this gets sorted soon

6 years ago

also I wanted to point out i do above the recommended system requirements and i have never installed a mod for coh 2

6 years ago

sorry for spam but want to help resolve this issue by providing the feedback kyle requested running latest version 4.0.0.21725 verified cache didn't download anything just said ready to play playing on windows 10 and own the game on steam bought coh years ago and got ardeenes assault last year on a steam sale

6 years ago
    dukejasondukejason Posts: 1,427 mod

Thank you @Wolfe1924 , Relic is currently looking into this issue and working on a fix.

6 years ago

@Yltrud said:
    I was able to circumvent the bug by going to F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Company of Heroes 2\mods and removing the tuning folder which contained a file named something related to Ardennes Assault, this returned the campaign to an older state where the bazooka and bar upgrades were combined into one, which allowed me to progress the mission. This also reintroduced some older bugs, like some commander abilities displaying the wrong pictures, and others I saw mentioned in a post on this forum earlier, but at least the campaign is playable now.

it is thank you that work around worked I deleted the file and I completed the mission I wanted to get the file back verified the game and it is gone still I was hoping to get the file back lol silly me deleted it instead of moving it to another folder verified game again and it didn't download that file hope it doesn't cause issues later in the campaign and the bugs it does bring are minor and not game breaking

6 years ago

i cant believe how broken this ardeenes assault game is its so disgusting thanks to the work around i completed mission 1 i go to start mission 2 defending elsenburg ridge and it only shows close as an option i can click anything on the page i can watch the whole debrief about the mission and it still only shows close it doesnt show withdraw or assault option so once again unplayable in a different way i expect this kind of stuff from ea or ubisoft not relic its pretty bad when a campaign gets broken and months later still not fixed rant over (if anyone else is having a bug or knows a another work around to get past that it would be appreciated thank you)

6 years ago

Hello everyone, it looks like the fix will be going live today. Thanks for your feedback and patience as we investigated and resolved this issue.

6 years ago

patch is now live just seen it in steam downloads going to give it a try (crosses fingers)

6 years ago
    F0GxLiGhTF0GxLiGhT IrelandPosts: 2

Hello there, the bug was surely been fixed, previously I was not able to start the 'Ardennes Assault' now I can, now the other bug that I have encountered is the following:

I went on playing the campaign, it's a lot of fun, now I tried to surround the Germans by occupying the border territories and narrow their re-reinforcements right down the middle, I was successful, until I reached the 'Ouren' territory the territory where you get to defend the two bridges and meet up with your allies from the northern bridge side, as soon as I complete the counter-attack waves, and complete the mission, the game just freezes, and goes to desktop right away, or sometimes freezes and stays there, my video card and sound drivers are all up to date, I run the game at roughly around 80fps, I even tried going with all-low settings to see if it still crashes when at the end of the mission I still end up with 120fps or so, it's so exhausting since I'm playing it on hard, I tried 'Save and Quit'-ing just to save the process, but still the crash had occured 5 times already, sometimes even mid-mission. Can you please help me, or try working on that, thank you for your efforts!

I'm making a new thread just to see if I'm the only one with this problem.

3 years ago
    marcmarc Posts: 1

Hello guys, i m stuck with the bug "unlock the bar weapon rack from the HQ" at the first mission of "Ardennes Assault", as i do not use STEAM, can anyone help me with a patch or anything i can do on my computer to fix that?
    I have the "Company of Heroes 2 : Master Collection (v4.0.0.21701)" installed on my computer, i already finished the Russian campagne. I was in contact with SEGA about this bug they told to post here to find a solution.
    Thank you in advance