[MAP CONTEST] Reichswerke Feedback Thread

6 years ago
Kyle_REKyle_RE Posts: 484 admin

This thread is for all feedback related to the map "Reichswerke" as part of Relic's 2v2 Map Making Contest. This map has made by a member of the community and they would LOVE of your feedback to help them iterate on and improve their map before the next submission deadline of the contest.

To subscribe to this and all contest maps, check out the 2v2 Map Making Contest Collection on the Steam Workshop.

Comments

6 years ago

ROUND #1 REVIEW
    GOOD:
    1. The map has decent visuals. Could use some more industrial objects to give it a more closed in factory area feel.

BAD:
    1. There are a lot of FULL health buildings. This will surely be an MG favored map. Especially since the buildings cover key points on the map. There are several lanes that may help flank garrisoned MGs but with the building strength so high, grenades may be useless, etc. May turn into a mortar fest.
    2. The East base has a large full health building right outside it to the north. If the enemy gets an MG in there, that exit of the base will be shut down for a long time.
    3. The east base top cutoff has a building covering it. The west does not. This could make the map favor the west base spawn.

POSSIBLE CHANGES:
    1. This map has no bomb craters, etc. Everything is clean and untouched. The look could be changed to a more post battle look that would allow building healths to be reduced so they are not so dominate.

SCORE:
    6/10 - With all of the full health large buildings, this map may get vetoed often.

6 years ago
    Andy_REAndy_RE Posts: 299 admin

Congratulations! This map has passed Round 3 and is approved for the final iteration in Round 4.

The updated map has been added to the 2v2 Map Making Contest Collection

We encourage the community to give as much feedback as possible heading into this crucial final iteration period.

6 years ago

RELIC FEEDBACK - Please seek additional feedback and validation from the community.

The presentation is good and the creator has done an excellent job with overall balance and testing. The map plays smaller than the map size suggests.

Both teams have a building overlooking one of their cutoffs, which is fine. However, it seems the cutoff building near the Eastern base has more health than the one outside the western base.

The two large central buildings have extremely high amounts of health. Because of this and their location, they will pay a pivotal role in most matches. Please seek feedback on this feature.

The map could potentially do with some extra detailing. Many of the roads and open areas feel a bit plain.

6 years ago

Reichswerke

• Love the balance across the map, good spread of buildings and cover
    • 3 of the 4 corners are dead ends, 2 are not usable . I like the big buildings here and would be fun to maybe have them usable or part of the map with reward for doing so rather than the central victory points and action mostly in the middle of the map as is often the case.
    • One of the bases has better building cover, think its east? Found this to be unfavourable to them, might have been better if it was my base :P
    • The central VP is too strong if you get a hmg in them early, might be better to weaken this area a little somehow - perhaps make it more open by removing a building
    • There are hints all around outside the map boundaries of a forest, perhaps it has been cleared for this factory but I'd like to see a little more natural terrain, trees, rivers terrain height (hills etc) to give it more natural feel, its all a bit flat and predictable

Overall very nice little map and I'd play again without any of these thoughts incorporated. Good job.

6 years ago
    AustherusAustherus Posts: 9
    edited October 2017

Small map, too small. The problem is that the match is decided too soon, also having all the fuel at the middle doesn't help. One of the teams is going to own both points most of the time, which is one of the main match-deciding factors.

My run on this map ended rather fast, we even managed to destroy the enemy base as the countdown ended. The map looks pretty good otherwise with a nice attention to detail and realism on the way everything is laid out.

I've found an issue though, one of my squads got stuck between a wall and two small piles of rubble on the southeastern side of the map (closer to the middle).

6 years ago

I think this map could certainly use some improvements, while visually it is very well made, my main gripe is that I feel like the balancing in this map leaves a lot to be desired.

Let's start with garrison-able buildings, player 3,4's side gets a lot of full health, mid-large sized buildings that are not only able to fill in multiple squads for defense, but the buildings are also positioned just right that gives player 3,4 on the left, a significant advantage on defending their vital points from being flanked/stolen. Player 1,2's side however, gets a different treatment with either ungarrison-able water tanks that serve practically no purpose aside from scenery, or buildings that aren't really positioned well enough to look after capture points nearby. And not only do the water tanks hamper vision, but they also provide zero benefits that would help the right team defend their points.

Player 3,4's side also gets a sizable amount of green cover brick wall fences for infantry to hang out on while player 1,2's equivalents are mostly either wooden fences that aren't covers at all or are brick walls blocked by trees and bushes that mostly negate their usefulness.

Overall, I think this is a decent map only dragged down by it's somewhat questionable balance, it's still excellent to play with on casual matches, but I think I would use a lot of work to be played seriously.

6 years ago

Congratulations again on making the final cut in the 2v2 Map Making Contest! All of the maps that remain are of an extremely high quality, and we would again like to thank all map makers for their time and talent.

Our Relic Map Judge has provided some additional feedback below for your consideration. This feedback is intended for integration purposes after the conclusion of the Map Contest, should this map be selected for inclusion in game.

• Bring the map edge in instead of having dead corners. Helps give the map a more unique shape
    • Additional buildings outside of southern base that favours northern base
    • Try and keep a clear area around territory points. Don’t put them up against buildings or walls
    • I like the spread of the key territory points, but some areas they seem a bit too close and easier to control
    • A lot of key buildings makes it a race to control those/ key points, specifically in the map centre.