USF Volley Fire needs work done to it.

5 years ago

First time poster here, I saw a similar post on r/companyofheroes, about the uselessness of volley fire and frankly how much of a gimmick it is. It takes 20 munitions to cast, does barely anything, only affects one squad at a time, and on top of that, turns RE's into wet paper towels. So, as the aforementioned post said, A good buff to the usefulness of volley fire would be to make it free when inside of fighting positions, since that's where RE's seem to do their best already w/ Rifle grenades. That way, supplementing an RE squad with a 60/70 munition BAR/30 cal. feels like a good decision.

Either way, I think Volley fire is the most useless USF ability currently, and needs work.

Comments

5 years ago
    LazarusLazarus Posts: 4,096
    "Volley Fire
    Added Animator state while ability is active
    **Rear Echelon now receive a 50% receive accuracy penalty while active**
    Removed Cooldown bonus
    Removed Reload Bonus
    **Reduce suppression values from 0.4 to 0.2**"

From when they nerfed it because it was an insta win button. Easiest way to fix Volley Fire is to pick one of the nerfs I highlighted and completely remove it.
    5 years ago
    Could have it scale with vet. At vet 1 remove the cooldown nerf. vet 2 the reload. Vet 3 the supression. Keep the rec acc so they can be punished if there are multiple squads but allows them to buy some time against lone flanker.
    5 years ago

If you equip Echelon with a Bar (2 is better but costy), they surprisingly suppress way faster than by base. I think it took around 3 seconds to suppress already when equipped with a Bar or 2 Bars. Like a mobile HMG that relies on your ammo currency. I do not think it needs either a nerf or buff. They are pretty good as it is as long support is provided and behind cover (green is always better) that they wont suffer any penalties. The serve really well as it currently is.

Volley fire becomes only more useful when equipped with a weapon upgrade (not bazooka of course). You will see a huge distinction. They become such as good defensive unit when you Volley Fire ability with weapon upgrade. Hope this helps.