More Bulletins and Skins

4 years ago

The motive of this post is basically to request more content of this kind on the game.

(TLDR just read the big headers with bullets below)

Bulletins feel really meh it's not a great improvement since you can't stack them anymore since a few years ago, some bulletins are very outdated , some are plain useless (like 50% recharge time ability for heavy tank call ins when you can only have 1 on the field???) and some units even don't have bulletins.

I think bulletins should be either reworked or just add more bulletins that add more value to your strategy, that can also help form and balance the meta.

For example (I'm not comparing these games, just want to put an example on the mechanics) in League of Legends the runes are an assistance to your playstyle and build that depends on the character you select, you can get certain abilities or "buffs" to the cost of losing some (let's say you get more defensive buffs but you loose some offense and utility)

In Tom's Clancy The Division you have these perks that help to either empower your abilities or help cooldown on items and such.

What I want to say with this is that bulletins feel "lacky" as just giving 2% or 3% accuracy among other variants, it might help but it's not that noticeable so you're not aware if the bulletin is helping you at that exact moment.

I suggest either reworking all bulletins to help your abilities let's say:

• T-34-85 get a more powerful ram that will stun enemy vehicle for longer
  • Panthers Combat Blitz ability lasts 20% longer
  • ISU-152 Concrete Piercing Round deals 30% more damage
  • Tiger coax MG deals a bit supression to 1 squad at the time
  • Sherman's smoke ability has 20% more range

Can be specific to some doctrines:

• Radio Silence now also gives a small defensive buff to infantry when active
  • Conscripts can have 1 more PPSH's
  • Shock Troops can throw a concussive grenade for X munitions (like sturmpios)
  • Reconnaissance planes will get an extra plane (in case one gets shut down you can still see a bit more)
  • PAK43 is more resistant to grenades and small arms

Or I think they can be used to cover more units with 1 bulletin

• Medium tanks get 10% more damage but are 8% slower
  • LMGs will slowly supress infantry if more than 2 squads are shooting the same target
  • Infantry can get upgrades anywhere in the field
  • Heavy Tanks have their abilities cooldown reduced by 20% and cost 10% less
  • Retreating units have 10% increased defense

(Some might be broken in the current meta but you get the idea)

There could be offensive bulletins, defensive or utility, here you can expand to a lot of possibilities, and also can help devs balance the game

The other is basically... we see the same skins all the time in matchmaking... IMO there are a few skins that are not that bad but most of the skins are pretty ugly, plain colors or just too saturated sometimes (this is more of a personal opinion)

I saw there was some sort of skin contest some years ago and winners got to see their skin in the game, we can keep doing these! Just look at the CSGO skin community for example, the point is not to see billion colors in each skin but to have specific themes for each faction and the community can keep working on these, therefore it will motivate more people to play with their favourite skin (or die with sass)

At last... I want to see what you guys think, do you want more bulletins? better bulletins? more attractive ability bulletins? more skins?? I wanna see the community more active for this game.

Comments

4 years ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 921

Actually the game allowed you to call in 2 Heavies back then. But fixed only 1-2 years later. When its possible for Okw to call in 2 King 2 Jad and USF didnt have Pershing. Even after the fix, Okw still able to field in dual King Jad.

There are so many unbalanced bulletin, and also useless one. Such as Soviet has 10% T34 build faster, but Ost has 10% Pz4 & Ostwind build faster (1 vs 2 units in the same bulletin), and even 2nd bulletin 10% Pz4 build faster, make a Pz4 build time decreased to 43sec. Faster than building an AAHT.

I dont think they will have time to actually fix/balance the bulletin.

4 years ago
    FaxFax Posts: 96

Well maybe they leave those that are ready in-game and just make more interesting ones, it will take time yes but it would also make the game more fun and interesting imo