Enable p2p hosting as an option

3 years ago

I would like to request that this game enables p2p hosting (player hosts rather than connect to battleservers) as an option for multiplayer.

I understand that this game used to only have p2p before, which led to a lot of complaints due to one player's bad connection ruining the experience for all, and due to many instances of hacking. However, the battleservers are located in the US which for us folk in the SEA region means ~200ms latency. While still playable, it would be much more enjoyable if my friends and I could self host and thus reduce our ping drastically.

While p2p should not be the default, it would be a great option for multiplayer games where all of the participants know each other, especially for those so far from the live servers. Since p2p was implemented once before, how difficult would it be to re-enable it?

A LAN option would also be acceptable if it's easier than p2p.

Thanks,