Romani Ite Domum

2 years ago

Yep, you've probably seen this a few times. But I want to talk about the three currently impossible steam achievements in this game. Last time someone could unlock them was in february 2015. This isn't good since it sours many people from buying and / or playing the game, since their efforts towards completing the game will never let them attain 100% completion. This sentiment is mirrored in many steam users.
(https://steamcommunity.com/app/231430/discussions/0/1743358239840962317/)

I personally have some ideas of how to fix it:
1) make the achievements possible on a yearly basis, during valentine's day, for instance. This will keep the accomplishment of the people that obtained the achievement (you can see if they got it "the old way" by checking the date they got it, anyways.)
2)Simply delete the achievement on steam. While yes, this will erase the "accomplishment" of the people that actually got those, but I doubt that many people will care at all- and if they do, that will probably will be balanced by the people that will finally be able to complete this game.
Of course, if anyone wants to discuss about this or give their opinion on the subject, you are welcome to reply.

Comments

2 years ago
    NerdNewtNerdNewt Posts: 3

I have been looking around and it seems like you may not have the power to change the source code and only surface values. If that is the case, I still think removing the achievements on steam is 100% an option with minor effort needed for a big reward.

2 years ago
    NerdNewtNerdNewt Posts: 3

Hello! I'll be checking in every so often to remind people that this issue still matters to me. I may start to ask around on sega's side of things to see if they can get things moving too, eventually. In any case, if this counts as bumping or something like that, an admin can tell me and I'll stop. Just want to show that I'm dedicated with this. After all, this game was one of my childhood, along with civilisation 5.