[Wehr][All] The effectiveness of the Tiger I

13»

Comments

7 years ago
    Why not increase it's limit to 2 Tiger I and hide it behind the last tech?
    7 years ago
    1ncendiary_Rounds1ncendiar… Posts: 798
    edited December 2016

@Katitof said:

@1ncendiary_Rounds said:
    I think the biggest problem I have with the Tiger is it's survivability. The fact that prediums can pen its frontal armor around 40% of the time and prediums have 800 HP vs Tiger's 1040 HP means that two prediums is more than enough to threaten the Tiger and of course your infantry. The allied player doesn't need extra investment into countering your Tiger such as real TD. Prediums + at inf + snares is all that is required.

370 fuel investment of generalist tanks beats 230 fuel investment of generalist tank.
    Who would have thought!

Boy oh boy, do I wonder what would happen if there was a singular StuG behind that poor poor tiger.

For more incredible facts, tune in at 11.

Morale of the story:

If you don't support your crap, it dies to more expensive crap & the only imbalanced thing here is certain players approach, believing lower investment should trump higher investment.

I always get tier 3 but pop cap issues make getting a tiger further painful. And prediums come out faster, so if u keep them alive, you'll get plenty of utility beating p4. And if i see prediums, I only try getting stugs which can keep prediums at bay BUT WITH A MUCH HIGHER micro cost than the predium user.

7 years ago
    BeardedragonBeardedra… Posts: 1,495
    edited December 2016

@Widerstreit said:

sure if the soviets can get 2 IS-2s and hide that behind tech too im up for it.

and the Brits can get two crocodiles.

and the USF can get two pershings.

the over all answer is no, however.

The tiger is not so hillariously bad as a heavy tank that it would warrent you should be able to get 2 when all other heavy call in tanks cant come in pairs.

7 years ago

@Beardedragon schrieb:

@Widerstreit said:

The tiger is not so hillariously bad as a heavy tank that it would warrent you should be able to get 2 when all other heavy call in tanks cant come in pairs.

Why that?

It would be fair if Soviet have non-doc T34/85 behind side-tech in T4 and Ami Easy8 too. Brits have their non-doc special tanks. Tiger I is too poor to be limited to 1. Pershing has ultra range and speed and Crock is a machine, Comet has no limit. Everything is better than Tiger.

And the needed pop-cap of 2 Tigers would be huge.

7 years ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,681

@Widerstreit said:

@Beardedragon schrieb:

@Widerstreit said:

Why that?

It would be fair if Soviet have non-doc T34/85 behind side-tech in T4 and Ami Easy8 too. Brits have their non-doc special tanks. Tiger I is too poor to be limited to 1. Pershing has ultra range and speed and Crock is a machine, Comet has no limit. Everything is better than Tiger.

And the needed pop-cap of 2 Tigers would be huge.

Then play allies and please provide us with replays on how you effortlessly own tigers.

Some people won't learn unless they experience it first hand from other player who actually got a clue on how to play the game.

7 years ago
    WiderstreitWiderstre… Posts: 950
    edited December 2016

It depends on game-mode. Why there is no individual balance on 3v3 and 4v4 maps, with some small differences?

Wouldn't that be much easier to balance?

7 years ago
    BeardedragonBeardedra… Posts: 1,495
    edited December 2016

@Widerstreit said:
    It depends on game-mode. Why there is no individual balance on 3v3 and 4v4 maps, with some small differences?

Wouldn't that be much easier to balance?

because balancing units to have different stats on different modes would be a huge amount of work. if i understood your question properly that is.

Maybe the Tiger could use the buff, but it isnt a lousy tank. you dont just faceroll this tank like you dont faceroll pretty much any call in heavy tank.