[All Units mod] poll for OKW base-defense

7 years ago

Many people complain about the OKW base-defense and I would like to satisfy the community in my All Units mod.

Some facts:

• OKW has the only base defenses that can be decrewed and turned on the base itself.
  • Once they have been decrewed, they take up population cap if you want to use them again.

I would like to know your view about this and that's why I've created this poll. Please comment when you've other ideas to improve the gameplay! (I aim for unique content, so I'd rather not add the Wehrmacht defense to OKW)

The poll:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/57910/all-units-mod-poll-for-okw-base-defense

The mod:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=350031348

Comments

7 years ago
    KatitofKatitof Posts: 6,681

Fun fact 101:

OKW got base flaks to defend against light vehicle rushes, because they have no pfaust.

7 years ago

Volksgrenadiers have the Panzerfaust and Panzerfüsiliers have an at-grenade. OKW can also build a rakettenwerfer at the HQ.

7 years ago

@Katitof said:
    Fun fact 101:

OKW got base flaks to defend against light vehicle rushes, because they have no pfaust.

What game you been playing lol

7 years ago
    edited December 2016

@captainjordy said:

@Katitof said:
    Fun fact 101:

I'm giving the official reason of why OKW got flaks instead of bunkers.
    How that developed over time is supposed to put at least a grin on the face.

You're TERRIBLE beyond recognition at sarcasm.

7 years ago

@Katitof said:

@captainjordy said:

@Katitof said:
    Fun fact 101:

You said OKW has no panzerfausts yet Volksgrenadiers have panzerfausts....

7 years ago

@captainjordy said:

@Katitof said:

@captainjordy said:

@Katitof said:
    Fun fact 101:

Eeeexactly.

I'm going to leave you here until it finally gets to you, but first, I'll take it to a smaller bites you might comprehend.

-OKW got flaks for base def, because volks had no AT snare and were really suspectible to early lights - that is the official reason based on the units design

-OKW got AT snare.

-OKW still got flaks for base def, because reasons.

7 years ago

@Katitof said:

@captainjordy said:

@Katitof said:

@captainjordy said:

@Katitof said:
    Fun fact 101:

Eeeexactly.

I'm going to leave you here until it finally gets to you, but first, I'll take it to a smaller bites you might comprehend.

-OKW got flaks for base def, because volks had no AT snare and were really suspectible to early lights - that is the official reason based on the units design

-OKW got AT snare.

-OKW still got flaks for base def, because reasons.

Well if you were being sarcastic than at least be sarcastic enough that people understand that you were being sarcastic so you dont look like a total idiot next time.

7 years ago
    SitatopSitatop SwedenPosts: 26
    edited December 2016

@captainjordy said:
    Well if you were being sarcastic than at least be sarcastic enough that people understand that you were being sarcastic so you dont look like a total idiot next time.

Sorry sir, but he's not the one looking like an idiot here. He made a good point.

7 years ago

@Cornillennium said:

@captainjordy said:

Sorry sir, but he's not the one looking like an idiot here. He made a good point.

Then he should've used the past tense.

7 years ago

I appreciate all of your input, but please keep this 'sarcasm' discussion out of this thread.

7 years ago
    pablonanopablonano YesterdayPosts: 2,549
    You arent supposed to attack the base on vp games, so i dont know whats the point of complaining about this ones.
    7 years ago

Mods can only be played in custom games and most custom games are annihilation.

7 years ago
    The okw flak predates the volks pfaust. Design choices change. But not everything gets brought up to date (there are bullitens with out dated text and commanders that simply dont make sense for the current version of the game)