New commander "Logistic Support Tactics"

7 years ago
ComradComrad Posts: 130
edited August 2018 in Commander Feedback

It would be very nice to see such a commander in the game. A lot of hard work, a lot of thoughts. What do you think of it?

Comments

7 years ago

Unless you're playing a huge map like General Mud, I don't see the point of the ambulance when you can just upgrade HQ with nurses.

Three of the abilities are for conscripts, though i'm fine with RPG-40s and Conscript SMGs. Rapid Conscription however is pointless.

Fuel drop i believe is still broken in that planes can still shoot it down, so you spend 100 munitions for nothing.

7 years ago

But however, we should not forget that it is supporting the commander, "Supply rear".

7 years ago

useless comander

7 years ago
    Naya_TyanNaya_Tyan RussiaPosts: 133

I think it's a normal commander.
    Good ability, in addition to "shipping fuel". It is incorrect in the game for the Soviet.

7 years ago
    TznTzn Posts: 4

Comisar squad instead of grd assault, with retreat point to cooperate with ambulance.

7 years ago

The commander looks decent, but I'd like to see a few original abilities instead of old ones - Soviet commanders already have a lot of overlap. I also recommend using a ZIS-6 for the ambulance, because there's a model for it in the game.

7 years ago

Friends, you can still change, because we are discussing in favor of the game

7 years ago

@PlanetSmasher said:
    The commander looks decent, but I'd like to see a few original abilities instead of old ones - Soviet commanders already have a lot of overlap. I also recommend using a ZIS-6 for the ambulance, because there's a model for it in the game.

Please, comrade, you can offer your own version in this discussion

7 years ago
    Sri_vakaSri_vaka IndiaPosts: 45
    1. Can we retreat to the ambulance? That would be great as there no forward retreat point for soviets in any commanders. Maybe adding a retreat point upgrade on the ambulance would make it very attractive.
    2. Allied supply drop is not really great in the current scenario. I would suggest to change it to supply half track which drop ptrs rifles/ppsh depending on his choice for some munitions. This will synergise well with AT grenade assault.
    3. Rapid conscription is already in some commanders and only works well if you spam lot of cons. This could be replaced with some offmap artillery (not incendiary). Soviets really need this as they float munitions.
    4. You can replace any one of the above to add IS2 or some heavy tank to add late game power to it.

Overall, I believe that this commander, with some tweaks, can result in very aggressive play (especially using penals :)) with completely different play style (Just like urban defence). I hope we can see this commander soon in market. Wish you good luck comrade.

7 years ago
    PlanetSmasherPlanetSma… Posts: 8
    edited February 2017

Here is my suggestion:

0CP: Engineer Field Training
    Combat Engineers can salvage vehicle wrecks and abandoned equipment to gain fuel. (The same ability OKW has.) They can also use cheap PMD-6 anti-personnel mines.

1CP: ZIS-6 Truck
    Can transport and reinforce infantry on the field. Two upgrades:

• Ambulance: Transport is disabled. It gains a healing aura like the USF Ambulance.
    • Supply Truck: Transport and reinforcement are disabled. It can set up in owned territory to increase resource income, like the Wehrmacht Opel Blitz.

3CP: Improved Equipment
    Instead of Molotov Cocktails, Conscripts can use RG-42 fragmentation grenades. Instead of RPG-43 AT grenades, they can use improved RPG-6 AT grenades with better range and penetration. They can also upgrade to one DP-28 LMG for 40 munitions.

6CP: Rapid Conscription

8CP: 152mm Artillery Barrage
    Nearby ML-20 152mm howitzers will barrage the target location with heavy HE shells. (Similar to USF 155mm artillery.)

I have some similar stuff in my commander mod.

7 years ago

@Sri_vaka said:
    1. Can we retreat to the ambulance? That would be great as there no forward retreat point for soviets in any commanders. Maybe adding a retreat point upgrade on the ambulance would make it very attractive.
    2. Allied supply drop is not really great in the current scenario. I would suggest to change it to supply half track which drop ptrs rifles/ppsh depending on his choice for some munitions. This will synergise well with AT grenade assault.
    3. Rapid conscription is already in some commanders and only works well if you spam lot of cons. This could be replaced with some offmap artillery (not incendiary). Soviets really need this as they float munitions.
    4. You can replace any one of the above to add IS2 or some heavy tank to add late game power to it.

Overall, I believe that this commander, with some tweaks, can result in very aggressive play (especially using penals :)) with completely different play style (Just like urban defence). I hope we can see this commander soon in market. Wish you good luck comrade.

Thank you, comrade. Your support is very important

7 years ago

@Sri_vaka said:

I personally prefer a squad for a forward retreat point. The truck would inevitably be slow, cost fuel, and very fragile, whereas a squad can at least retreat and/or reinforce, and make use of cover.

@PlanetSmasher re some of your ideas:

-There's already an Engineer Salvage Kit, which actually performs better since it grants manpower, fuel and muni as it trains wrecks. Your idea not only copies OKW's feature, but adds more on top.
    -Truck is okay, but it competes with M5 halftrack and copies HQ nurses and Ostheer's Opel truck. Considering the supposed theme of the commander, I'd say it can be toggled to deploy mechanics; while it's similar to Industry's repair points, it's mobile and cost fuel and manpower plus popcap (as opposed to muni). Worst case scenario just make this the repair point, it's only found in one commander.
    -Straight up making Conscripts replace Shocks and Guards? At least spread it out so Penals get something rather than it all rely on Conscript spam.

7 years ago
    Omid_HesamOmid_Hesam Islamic Republic of IRANPosts: 142
    edited February 2017

Great Idea just replace the rapid conscription ability with a BM-31-12 katyusha rocket mounted on Studebaker truck
    this unit can fire twelve 300mm rocket barrage on its target (this unit must be limited to only two trucks on the field) and require's 12cp to unlock!

7 years ago
    edited June 2017

Soon

7 years ago

Guardsmen/Soviets are fine without bazooka, even the upcoming patch will give Penals PTRS.

7 years ago

I really want to see such a unit in the game, because he really was. But alas, the infrared searchlight, anti-aircraft machine with the suppression of the building with a gun Flak, first aid kits, bunkers - all this is at the Germans, it is very sad. (In comparison with the USSR)

6 years ago
    edited June 2017

Soon

4 years ago

@Andy_RE , I need opinion Relic about my commander or my others works, I can to know it later 2 years?

3 years ago
    TobbacosTobbacos Posts: 35

Ugly face commander

3 years ago

@Tobbacos написал:
    Ugly face commander

Aye