Soviet Campaign Broken

6 years ago
KiethSomataw99KiethSoma… Posts: 113
edited April 2017 in Campaign Discussion

The Soviet campaign used to be playable (if not great in story) but now one patch in the past had changed that. Certain things suffer from heavy engine damage that is irreparable, such as the AT guns in mission 3, the mortars and at gun and MG42 in mission 6, the tiger in mission 8 and a few other instances. We really need a fix for that, preferably in a future patch.

Comments

6 years ago
    KiethSomataw99KiethSoma… Posts: 113

Does anyone have the same problem with the Soviet campagin?

6 years ago

Hey Kieth i have the same problem!! This error is somewhat frustrating, because i'm trying to have some fun playing it again but this error is just not letting to. Please repair this.

6 years ago
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 132

A bit late for this answer maybe, but I think that heavy engine damage is intended. The AT guns are not meant to be rushed in mission 3, mission 6 eludes me atm, but the Tiger in mission 8 is supposed to start with heavy engine damege. It IS repairable however, but it takes a really long time. In that time you will still see the Tiger smoking and burning, but it can be repaired to 100% health, for sure :)

6 years ago

@Slayer said:
    A bit late for this answer maybe, but I think that heavy engine damage is intended. The AT guns are not meant to be rushed in mission 3, mission 6 eludes me atm, but the Tiger in mission 8 is supposed to start with heavy engine damege. It IS repairable however, but it takes a really long time. In that time you will still see the Tiger smoking and burning, but it can be repaired to 100% health, for sure :)

It wasn't like this early in the game life.

6 years ago

@KiethSomataw99 said:

I remember the AT guns to be able to move at normal speed, yes. I have trie d repairing them but it is not possible or it takes very long (and I gave up at some point).

But the Tiger thing was there all the time, the voice over even says stuff which is related to the engine being damaged "first gear is the best I can give you" or something like that. It is also quite logical that the Tiger is damaged: you did that yourself in the first part of the mission.

6 years ago

@Slayer said:

@KiethSomataw99 said:

I remember the AT guns to be able to move at normal speed, yes. I have trie d repairing them but it is not possible or it takes very long (and I gave up at some point).

But the Tiger thing was there all the time, the voice over even says stuff which is related to the engine being damaged "first gear is the best I can give you" or something like that. It is also quite logical that the Tiger is damaged: you did that yourself in the first part of the mission.

No, when I did this, the Tiger has no engine damage when first encountered, when it destroyed the Soviet Armored column. But that was before a patch caused engine damage to it. Perhaps you are referring to after the Tiger loses its crew.

6 years ago

@KiethSomataw99 said:

@Slayer said:

@KiethSomataw99 said:

No, when I did this, the Tiger has no engine damage when first encountered, when it destroyed the Soviet Armored column. But that was before a patch caused engine damage to it. Perhaps you are referring to after the Tiger loses its crew.

Yeah, I'm referring to after the Tiger loses it's crew. I have played this mission recently, and I'm 100% sure it didn't have engine damage before losing the crew. If your mission does, then something really wonky is going on.

5 years ago

Come on, we need to fix up the Soviet campaign.

4 years ago

Hello, everyone.
    I trying first time throught soviet campaign and i must stopped on 8 mission, because tiger tank don't going out of barn.
    tiger don't atack any soviet t-34 or su-76m, and his crew are bugged in wall of this barn. So, if anyone could repearing it i will very appreciated your work :) i really wan't proceed campaing

4 years ago

@Vordanijczyk said:
    Hello, everyone.
    I trying first time throught soviet campaign and i must stopped on 8 mission, because tiger tank don't going out of barn.
    tiger don't atack any soviet t-34 or su-76m, and his crew are bugged in wall of this barn. So, if anyone could repearing it i will very appreciated your work :) i really wan't proceed campaing

Same issue here, after the cutscene where the t34 crews scream 'Blyat! Tiger!' no Tiger appears... I can only walk through the map endlessly..

4 years ago

Same Problem on M08. Seems to be linked to latest update…

4 years ago

Fixed now!

4 years ago

I played the bugged missions and it's still not fixed. Since Relic is done with COH2, is it possible for the community to work on fixing the campaigns? And I'm also including the bug regarding the major in the Ardennes Assault Campaign;
    Requires: $11159431 No Key
    Activate Battalion Command Post
    $11159430 No Key
    $11159429 No Key

4 years ago

@Bourgui said:
    Fixed now!

Nope, for me Tiger still suffers from permanent engine damage on Mission 8. And the weapons still suffer from permanent engine damage on Mission 3 and 7. As far as I know, Relic is aware of these bugs but they believe that everyone playing those missions should go f*** themselves.

3 years ago

So who should I contact for the campaigns?