Infantry vs Medium/Heavy Tanks

3 years ago
peshpesh Posts: 2
edited January 2021 in Balance Feedback

Hello! I came here to express my frustration caused by UKF/Soviet infantry anti-tank capabilities! I'm mainly playing Wehrmacht and the following thing ruins the game completely for me. Excluding any special commanders the following happens: I am beating my opponent into the mid/late game, i start producing tanks (Pz4/Panther) and when i get them into battle (supported by infantry/HMG) i always get "completely blasted off" by some crazy-suicide comrade with ATGrenade (which disables the engine of my vehicles, yes even PANTHER?!?! 9/10 times?!?!) or some UKF engineer with his "nuclear" grenade? It doesent matter in which direction the grenade is thrown, its 9/10 chance for engine/drive train damage ?!? Another thing: How come 2 squads of "nuclear-nade" throwing infantry is able to force a panther to return for repairs, while 2 squads of PGrens armed with "Tank terror" Pshreks are barely making a dent to T34-85!!!??? Let alone Churchil/Comet ?! Why do i have to retreat my Medium/HEAVY tanks EVERY time in the sight of suicidal-comrades horde attacking me ? Or the Nuclear UKF engineers ? How come a 490MP/185Fuel tank gets so easily countered by 2-3 SIMPLE infantry squads ?! Can someone explain please ? And why Wehrmacht having the most powerful anti-tank weapon sux at fighting tanks with PGrens ?!

Sorry for my english and the heavy frustration, but... really heavy tank getting gangbanged by simple infantry ? :(

P.S. I just had a game where 2 Stars vet PZ4 took 3 shots (yes 3 BOUNCES, not misses!) to destroy T34/85 dead body (1hp, capturable)!!! Outrageous!

Comments

3 years ago
    HatbaronHatbaron Posts: 18
    edited January 2021

Vehicles snares like AT grenades only damage the engine if the vehicle is reduced to below 75% health by the snare. So all medium and heavy tanks need to take damage from another source to be snared.

Also I must say I had quite a chuckle seeing someone complain that shreck armed panzergrenadiers were too weak against tanks considering the average forum dribbler usually states the opposite.

And in regards the the note about bouncing on a wreck, it's entirely bad luck and happens to everyone.

3 years ago
    peshpesh Posts: 2

@Hatbaron said:
    Vehicles snares like AT grenades only damage the engine if the vehicle is reduced to below 75% health by the snare. So all medium and heavy tanks need to take damage from another source to be snared.

Also I must say I had quite a chuckle seeing someone complain that shreck armed panzergrenadiers were too weak against tanks considering the average forum dibbler usually states the opposite.

And in regards the the note about bouncing on a wreck, it's entirely bad luck and happens to everyone.

Well an AT grenade eighter conscript one or UKF Engi one always take 1/3 HP of a regular Pz4 and 1/4 of a Panther, ill leave the calculations to you. Chuckle no more, but start a test game vs AI and try taking down a Churchil, Comet, KV1, KV8, T34-85 (While conscripts or any AT infantry/UKF Engi or any AT infantry have no problem at all to tackle/scare a Panther/Brummbar!). You will see what i mean :) Thanks for the reply, always good to hear another opinion :)

3 years ago

Welcome to COH, friend. You can switch side and play soviets against Ost and try the same maneuver. Then see as PZ4 evaporates your comrades, your team weapons, laughs at you and then uses "panzer commander" smoke screen and goes back to where it came from while having 1 pixel of HP and bouncing last reaching shot.
    Your tanks were caught off guard by concentrated AT. They were expecting you, those tanks were primary targets because they are that dangerous. Yes, they are. Going in without adequate backup will cost you a unit. Cheeky comrades with AT nades and a T34 ram in combination with several SU85 or well-timed IL2 is a recipe for getting your heavy killed. But it is also a price for having a unit that bounces most of the AT and can reliably pen in most situations. Well placed KT denies entire sections of the map, simply having an Elefant on the map can make allied players think thrice before sending their armor or even have it relocated elsewhere.

3 years ago
    C3ToothC3Tooth Posts: 921

or some UKF engineer with his "nuclear" grenade? It doesent matter in which direction the grenade is thrown, its 9/10 chance for engine/drive train damage

All snare works exactly the same (except Penal sachel snare), which is 120 damage. They deal 50% damage if not able to pen armor. If after the snare damage, ur tank's hp below 75%. It will cause damage engine. For example:

• Pz4 has 640hp, if it take a tank round (160), its hp will dropped to 480 which is 75%. A snare from any direction will ensure engine damage.
    • Panther has 960hp (720hp is 75%), if it take a tank round, hp dropped to 800. If a snare on front doesnt pen Panther, it will lose 60hp (740hp left), there will be no engine damage. However, a snare in the rear will.

How come a 490MP/185Fuel tank gets so easily countered by 2-3 SIMPLE infantry squads ?!

Your 490mp isnt mean to win over 1000mp infantry, not mention there would be at least 200-300 ammo on them.
    Beside, there are only 4 types of unit: AI infantry, AT infantry, AI vehicle, AT vehicle.

Panther is AT vehicle, if you let your Panther face a group of AT infantry. You lose. You're supposed to use AI vehicle as equal fight (Ostwind, werfer), or AI infantry as counter (MG, PzGren)

My friend was new to the game, he had a Churchill faced 3 squad of Shreck PzGren and complained why I didnt get my 2 Jackson shooting them. Im not gonna use my AT vehicle vs AT infantry.
    Another friend uses 2 Shreck PzGren facing 2 Shock and confuse why he bleed mp alot. Thats AT infantry vs AI infantry.

I just had a game where 2 Stars vet PZ4 took 3 shots (yes 3 BOUNCES, not misses!) to destroy T34/85 dead body (1hp, capturable)!!! Outrageous!

I had a game where 2 Panthers shooting on an AA halftrack, only need 2hit to kill, and RNG decided to miss 3 shots.

I agree Brit is too op in team game though.

3 years ago
    mrdjjag81mrdjjag81 Posts: 309

All snare works exactly the same

I wouldn't say that, both from my own experience and other players that notice the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMNeWwgvRrI

3 years ago

@mrdjjag81 said:

All snare works exactly the same

I wouldn't say that, both from my own experience and other players that notice the same

There is experience and there are numbers.
    Unfortunately, for some reason numbers are more important than real application and experience. And having all combined factors and "exceptional" programming we have what we have:
    Best snare: pzfaust
    Average snare: at-nade
    Worst: rifle-at-nade(except pzfusilers)

And as for @pesh situation. They should be on the receiving end of the german armor(Allies) and then look as they have no reliable way to counter or scare-off a panther and see as it easily pens everything on the market, kills infantry and rolls away as if nothing happened.

2 years ago
    YappirYappir Posts: 87

Did you know that if your med/heavy tank has a 100% HP and it gets hit by AT nade it will not bust its engine?
    So it is not lack of balance but you do not even understand the rules of the game LOL

2 years ago

@Yappir said:
    Did you know that if your med/heavy tank has a 100% HP and it gets hit by AT nade it will not bust its engine?
    So it is not lack of balance but you do not even understand the rules of the game LOL

KT/Elef/JadT need a couple of hits.
    Panther needs one proper pen from a gun or AT vehicle.
    P4 is enough to gen penned by PTRS a couple times.

Problem arises when you look at what you pit against these units and respective timing. Won't bore you with long explanations, but in short - Allies lack reliable ways to pen and snare Axis tanks. For Axis to pen a tank is an expected thing. Everything is fine and dandy on paper and anyone can stop any tank. In practice - we have what we have. This has nothing to do with the "rules" of the game. These "rules" can be changed at any time next patch drops.

And much to the surprise, I still remember the days when any AT-snare could cripple a tank at full health and there were no checks for HP.